Dive the Gray Quarry between October 17 and 31 for a spooky dive experience as you visit some Halloween themed dive attractions and enter the Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest and win some very nice prizes!
We also are having a Spooky Sites Selfie Photo Contest.
Best Overall Pumpkin – Wins new aluminum 80cu scuba tank
1st place in each of 4 categories receives new Akona Gear Bag
2nd place in each of 4 categories wins new GQ shirt
Scariest Pumpkin, Cutest Pumpkin, Best Scuba-themed Pumpkin, and Best Covid19-themed Pumpkin
To enter you pay minimum suggested donation of $5 per pumpkin entry using our GQ PayPal account. Please use "friends and family" option when paying since we are a non-profit.
Please note: This is in addition to the daily $15 daily dive pass.
Please pay with PayPal to our account email email@example.com
This is a contest that spans from October 17 through October 31. You participate when you can and send us your photos to enter the contest.
1. Underwater carving must take place at Gray Quarry between October 17 and 31, 2020.
2. Bring Your Own Pumpkin.
3. Only one pumpkin may be used for each entry (no 2 or 3 pumpkin designs).
4. Please gut pumpkin before you come to quarry.
5. Bring your own weights for pumpkin while you carve because pumpkins float.
6. You can pre-mark pumpkin with a permanent marker prior to diving.
7. Must use a dive knife/tool or pumpkin carving tool set. No razors or box knives.
8. Please carve on one of the dive platforms.
9. Please limit carving time per pumpkin to a one tank dive.
10. If you have underwater camera, we would love a photo of you carving, but not required.
11. You must take a photo of you with your pumpkin above water at the quarry after carving.
12. Please take your pumpkin home with you when done.
13. Email photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight October 31.
14. You must pay $5 per pumpkin photo submitted through PayPal before you are eligible for contest.
15. All photos will be displayed on the Gray Quarry website, www.grayquarry.com .
16. The Gray Quarry Board of Directors will judge all entries and determine winners.
17. *Best overall winner will not be eligible for 1st or 2nd place in the other categories.
18. All judging will be final, and no disputes honored.
The first 5 people that complete this photo spooky sites selfie photo scavenger hunt and submit photos will win.
Find the sites in the photo album below, take a selfie of all 15 sites and send images to email@example.com.